Last Updated: November 15, 2021
- The Information We Collect
When you access or use the Services, we will collect Personal Information that you choose to provide to us directly, such as when you fill out a contact form or questionnaire on the Website, download content from the Website, sign up to receive our newsletters, create an account on the Platform, or otherwise communicate with us through the Services. This information may include the following:
- contact information such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address;
- business and professional information such as the name of your employer or organization, your title or position;
- account information, if you set up an account on the Platform, such as your username, password, and information you provide when setting up your account profile, such as your biography and photograph; and
- any other Personal Information you submit to us through the Services, such as through your answers to questionnaires, or in free-form responses that you provide through our contact forms or otherwise when you communicate with us through the Services.
In addition to the Personal Information you choose to provide to us directly, we also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit and use the Services, such as the following:
- Browser and Device Information. Certain information is automatically collected by most browsers or through your device, such as information about your device (such as IP address and MAC address), operating system, and Internet browser.
- Pixel Tags and Log Files. The Services may also use other tracking technologies such as log files and pixel tags. For example, pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie and can tell us certain information like what content has been viewed.
- IP Address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive and collect your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come.
- Location Information. We may receive your approximate location or data that indicates your approximate location, such as your IP address.
- Platform Usage and Engagement Information. When you use Platform, we will record information about your interactions with the Platform and the courses delivered through the Platform. This information may include the number and dates of your logins to the Platform, your total training time, information about your completion and passage rates for courses delivered through the Platform, and certifications you have been awarded through the Platform.
We may also receive your Personal Information from third parties, including our corporate clients, if you use the Platform as part of our engagement with those clients. This information may include your name and email address, and other information they provide to us to facilitate our delivery of services to them, including making the Platform and our courses available to you.
In addition, if you choose to interact with us on social media by posting to our pages, tagging us (or using certain hashtags or other identifiers) in posts, or participating in activities, we may collect certain information from the social media account you use to interact with us, including the name associated with the account, the account handle, recent activity, the content of any posts in which we are tagged, and other information that may be contained on your social media profile to allow us to respond to the posts and understand and engage with our audience.
- How We Use Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you and otherwise provide resources that you have requested.
- To provide services to our corporate clients under our agreements with them.
- To operate, evaluate, debug, identify and repair errors, to effectuate functional enhancements, and to improve the Services.
- To understand how you use the Services and to determine what features and services may interest to our users.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your requests and sending you promotional and marketing messages.
- To store information about your preferences, to recognize you when you use the Services, and to customize your experience.
- To create aggregate or deidentified data.
- For legal and safety purposes, such as maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, other technology assets, services, and our organization; preserving or enforcing our legal rights and property; protecting our users, our employees, and others; and complying with applicable law, other legal requirements, and industry standards.
- To protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and participating in any prosecution or enforcement of laws or agreements meant to prevent or punish such activity.
- To evaluate or participate in an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings.
- For such other purposes as you may authorize.
- How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- to our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization;
- to the corporate client(s) with whom you are associated, if you are using the Services in connection with an agreement we have entered into with them;
- to other users of the Platform, if you use the Platform to interact with them;
- to communicate with you and others, including to market our products and services;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to investigate or prevent unlawful activities or misuse of the Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others;
- to an actual or potential buyer or other successor organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- for such other purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
- Your Choices
We provide you with choices with regard to your Personal Information. For example, you can choose not to give us the Personal Information we request. However, in some cases, if you decide not to provide the information we request, we will not be able to provide the service or information you requested.
Other examples of your choices include:
- If you have created an account on the Platform, you may log into the Platform to review and update your account information.
- You can browse our Website without registering or directly submitting any information to us. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our email messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Our Services do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause the Services not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- Children’s Information
The Services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information about children under the age of 16.If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com we will take steps to delete that information from our systems.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Changes to This Policy
- Contact Us